👋 Happy New Year! I hope your 2024 is off to a great start. Here’s my newsletter for the month of December 2023 – it will be short and sweet.
Brandon (the Mad Fientist) distills all the best nuggets of personal finance advice from the infamous JL Collins into this podcast episode, including:
- The power of FU Money and why it may be less money than you think
- Why index investing is superior to active investing
- Why your house may not be a good investment
- Liquid net worth is the amount of cash you would have on hand after selling all of your liquid assets and paying off all of your debts.
- Liquid net worth is a proxy for how well you can handle financial risk.
- For financial peace of mind, your liquid assets are actually more important than your liquid net worth, because most debts do not have to be paid all at once.
Pete Adeney (aka Mr. Money Mustache) shares his experience after nearly 20 years of being early retired, including:
- What his typical day looks like
- Developing the “skill of spending” to bring in your early retirement point
- The right way to downshift from your day job
- How to handle stock market downturns
- 2023 was my best year yet!
- In my 2023 annual reflection, I share my general life updates, travel/fitness highlights, goals, and my overall spending for the past year.
My annual spending
Overall in 2023, I spent $38,701 total, while living in the SF bay area. Here’s a look at my total breakdown by category:
New on WalletBurst.com
Thanks for reading! If you’re enjoying my newsletter, I’d love it if you shared it with a friend or two. You can send them here to sign up.
And if you have any feedback on my site or come across any interesting personal finance content, send it my way to email@example.com. I love to hear from my readers/users!
Have a great day,